If you are experience back problems and is searching for treatments and people who can help, then you must have stumbled into the word, “Chiropractor”. But what does a Chiropractor do?
Chiropractors are experts in the neuromusculoskeletal system. This includes the muscles, bones, ligaments and nerves. They use manual therapy techniques to adjust the spine and joints, which can help relieve pain and improve movement. Chiropractors may also offer advice and information on posture, exercise, nutrition and lifestyle changes that can be helpful for back pain.
What Do They Do?
1) They treat and help patients who experience back pain, neck pain and head aches. They use spinal manipulation to adjust the spine and joints, which can help relieve pain.
2) They offer tips and recommendations on maintaining a healthy lifestyle to avoid having problems with the spine later in life.
3) They offer advice and give guidance to people who are experiencing sciatica, which is a sharp-pain that happens in the lower back. They help relieve pain by manipulating the spine and giving suggestions on exercises to strengthen muscles around the tender area to prevent further injury.
4) Chiropractors can also treat sports injuries. When an athlete damages a muscle, ligament or joint, a chiropractor can help by providing manual therapy and rehabilitation exercises to speed up the healing process.
5) They work with pregnant women to help them have a smoother and less painful labour. Chiropractors use specific techniques to adjust the spine and pelvis, which can help relieve pressure and improve the baby’s position. They can also offer advice on exercises and relaxation techniques that will be beneficial during labour.
6) Some chiropractors also offer massage therapy as an additional treatment method. Massage therapy can help to relieve tension in the muscles, improve circulation and promote relaxation. It can be a helpful addition to chiropractic treatment for some patients.
7) Chiropractic care can also help people who suffer from sports injuries, neck pain and back pain.
8) They offer advice on how to prevent injury or damage to the spine or joints, which will help you avoid possible future problems. Chiropractors are not just for people who are already experiencing pain. They can also help prevent problems from developing in the future.
9) Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to help patients, including adjustments, massage and ultrasound. They may also give advice on exercise, nutrition and lifestyle choices that can help improve symptoms.
10) A chiropractor will review your medical history, take a case history and perform a physical examination before they begin treatment. Your chiropractor should discuss the treatment plan with you so you are involved in your care. They should provide education on how to maintain your health and prevent problems from returning.
11) Chiropractors can work in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, clinics or private practices. Many chiropractors also offer phone or online consultations. They may also be part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors and physiotherapists. This ensures that patients receive the best possible care.
12) Chiropractors are not just limited to treating back pain. They can also help with other conditions, such as asthma and migraines.
13) Chiropractors are regulated by law in most countries. This means that they must meet certain standards and qualifications before they can practice. This ensures that patients receive safe and effective treatment.
What Do a Chiropractor NOT Do?
1) A chiropractor is not a medical doctor. They cannot write prescriptions or perform surgery.
2) A chiropractor cannot diagnose medical conditions. If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort, you should consult a doctor to rule out any serious problems.
3) Chiropractors are not recommended for pregnant women who have high-risk pregnancies. You should always consult your doctor before starting chiropractic care.
4) Chiropractors cannot treat conditions such as cancer, diabetes or heart disease. If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be related to these conditions, you should see a doctor.
If you’re experiencing back pains, you can visit a chiropractor for relief. A good way to find the right Chiropractor is by asking your family and friends who have had experience with them before. If all of this sounds intimidating and you want help enacting these principles, let us know in the comments below!